Bizhawk is a powerful multi-platform emulator which focuses on core accuracy while being easy to use. As for recent times however it only supports computers that use x64 (64 bit) rather x86 (32 bit) and from Windows 7 and up, this was due to the Sega Saturn emulation based off Mednafen. There are older versions if your computer is 32 bit though.
While some of it such as the NES core is original work, some consoles however use altered versions of other emulators such as SNES (bsnes), PlayStation/Saturn (Mednafen), Genesis (Genesis Plus GX) that might vary when compared to the originals in terms of accuracy or game compatiblity.
Currently supported consoles
- Nintendo Entertainment System, Famicom, Famicom Disk System
- Super Nintendo Entertainment System, Super Famicom +
- Nintendo 64
- Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Super Game Boy
- Game Boy Advance
- Master System, Game Gear, SG-1000
- Sega Genesis +
- Sega Saturn
- Atari 2600
- Atari 7800
- Atari Lynx
- Wonderswan, Wonderswan Color
- Apple II
+ = includes sprite/tile or background viewer.