YY-CHR is a sprite ripper made by YY. If you want to rip games before the DS era, it is highly recommended especially for NES games. While it is easier to rip from than Tile Molester, it is more limited on what systems it can rip from.
Please note that many games have compression and as a result, these can not be ripped unless the game has a decompression tool. In terms of success depends on the system and the game. While most NES games have all their sprites displayed, some games on some systems vary as in that you can rip the main character or a few sprites, everything if you are lucky while others can not be ripped at all. Some like on the Genesis can be stored in an unrippable way.
- Amstrad CPC - Not officially supported. The BIOS and some game fonts can be ripped from this system because most games have another way of displaying the sprites. Fonts use 1bpp 8x8 while Jet Set Willy (the only game that can be disk ripped) uses 1bpp 16x16.
- Game Boy
- Game Boy Advance
- Master System / Game Gear
- MSX - Only some games.
- Neo Geo Pocket - Requires extra assembly work on the sprites.
- Nintendo Entertainment System
- PC Engine
- Sega Genesis - Many games are compressed or stored in an unrippable way, not officially supported.
- Super Nintendo Entertainment System
- X68000 - Not officially supported
YY-CHR can also rip from savestates as well.
|Universal Ripping Applications|
|Archives||QuickBMS - Noesis|
|2D||Emulators - Animget - TiledGGD - Tile Molester - Noesis - uMod - YY-CHR|
|3D||Noesis - 3DVia Printscreen - Ninja Ripper|
|Sounds||Video Game Sound Converter|