Team Sonic Racing
|Team Sonic Racing
Team Sonic Racing (チームソニックレーシング Chīmu Sonikku Rēshingu) is a kart racing video game and a spin-off from the Sonic the Hedgehog series. The game is developed by Sumo Digital and published by Sega, and was released on 21 May 2019. It received both a physical and digital release for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch, and a digital-only release on Steam for the PC.
- .pck (Sound)
- .stz (Sprites/Text Strings package)
- .sp2 (Model/Texture package)
- .dat/.zml (Misc data, such as configurations)
- Download Sewer56's .stz decompressing tool. Offzip works for this as well.
- Drag the .stz file onto the program. This results in a file named 72.bin when using Sewer56's tool.
- Open the resulting 72.bin file in Raw Texture Cooker. Be sure to have the texconv executable, as per the instructions. The texture formats are mostly DXT3.
- Texturefinder can assist you in finding the correct width and offset of an image within the 72.bin. Neither Game Extractor or X-Ripper can be used to extract the images directly from the file.
Team Sonic Racing Tool has been created for this purpose. It also views textures.
This game uses Wwise for its sounds. The sound banks can be found in \data\Sound. They can be opened in Ravioli Tools and converted into .wav from there. There are several .bnk files included within the main .pck file, which can be opened in foobar2000 provided you have the vgmstream plugin. Unfortunately, due to being Wwise, the filenames given are just random numbers.
The files that hold the internal names for the game's sound files are audiodat.dat, teamcomms.dat, and tracks.dat. They are in the SSRT format.
audiodat.dat contains filenames such as ASN_AIAI, Play_VO_PH_Wisp_Callout_Orange_Rocket, Stop_Wisp_Jade_Ghost_Engine_loop, and Play_Drift_Boost_Exit.
teamcomms.dat contains filenames such as VTC_AMY_WISPHITSOPPONENTGENERIC_03, TC_OMG_RACEPERFORMANCESTUNTFAILGENERIC_02, and TC_OMO_RACEINTERACTIONENEMYNEGATIVEREACTION_RGE_01.
tracks.dat contains filenames such as TSR_CasinoPark_BingoPartyPinballHighway and TSR_Narrative_Zone04_Track03.
If you just want the textures, this method works: https://www.vg-resource.com/thread-35563.html