The GameCube is a console created by Nintendo in 2001. It is noted and praised for its quirky and innovative game library, and for its unique controller.
The GameCube uses DVD-based technology, which generally would mean that files are visible from a disk through any standard ISO viewer or by inserting the DVD into your computer's disk drive. However, Nintendo specifically designed their disk drives to read files in a unique manner, making the reading on GameCube game's disks require a special piece of software. There are a number of tools available.
It's possible to read the files from a GameCube ISO through the Wii/GameCube emulator, Dolphin.
Common File Formats
- .arc (Model/Texture/Animation package)
- .bnr (Boot data)
- .dsp (Sound file)
- .h4m (Movie file)
- .thp (Movie file)
- .bmd (Model and Texture Package)
Sprite/texture dumping in Dolphin is a very simple process. Here is how it's done:
- Launch Dolphin.
- Click on "Options", and then "Graphics Settings" from the drop-down menu. Make sure you have the right graphics card in order to view the game.
- In the Graphics Configuration window, click on the "Advanced" tab, then check the "Dump Textures" box.
- Close the window, then select and launch the game you want to rip from.
- Play up to the point that has the sprites or textures you want to rip. Once you get everything you need, close or pause the game.
- Now go to Documents\Dolphin Emulator\Dump\Textures\[game ID]. View files by Large Icons or Extra Large Icons, and sort by Date Modified. This will help you find what you need easier.
Specific Game Pages
|2nd Generation||Atari 2600 - Atari 5200 - ColecoVision - Intellivision|
|3rd Generation||Atari 7800 - Commodore 64 - Nintendo Entertainment System - Master System|
|4th Generation||Amiga - Neo Geo - Neo Geo CD - Philips CD-i - Sega Genesis - Super Nintendo Entertainment System - TurboGrafx-16 - X68000|
|5th Generation||3DO - Amiga CD32 - Atari Jaguar - Nintendo 64 - NEC PC-FX - PlayStation - Sega Saturn|
|6th Generation||Dreamcast - GameCube - PlayStation 2 - Xbox|
|7th Generation||PlayStation 3 - Wii - Xbox 360|
|8th Generation||PlayStation 4 - Wii U - Xbox One|
|Handhelds||Game Boy - Game Boy Advance - Game Gear - Neo Geo Pocket - Nintendo 3DS - Nintendo DS - PlayStation Portable - Virtual Boy|
|Other||Arcade - Mobile - PC|